Thursday, November 6, 2014

Welcome to Running for Rescue!

Hi! My name is Mary. I'm an animal lover and budding runner.



You may have read a few posts on my last blog, Your Mountain is Waiting, about my adventures through Chile. I'm back again with a new agenda.

If you know me personally, you're mildly aware that I'm an avid animal lover. If you know me well, you've probably rolled your eyes at me at least once because of how over the top my love for animals can be. So get ready for that.

I've decided to run the Starved Rock Half Marathon and raise funds for It's a Pittie Rescue along the way. This rescue educates people, rescues, rehabilitates, and rehomes pit bulls. They provide a wonderful service for these dogs and the community.

Race day is May 16, 2015. In the months leading up to the big day, you can expect to read about my training and pit bull loving lifestyle. You'll be getting to know my sweet pit bull, Robin, soon.  I'm sure you'll see some other pups and cute animals, too.

If you enjoy any of my posts, please share and encourage donations. You may donate through Crowdrise. There is a widget on the side of this page or you can click here. Feedback is also appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment